Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Web Page Sales Letter Has Evolved

Hi All,

It's been a while I know but I've just been soooooo busy!

I've been working on a number of new projects with my team, and with a hefty number of new clients coming on board this year it's all been a bit hectic.

Now, although I've been beavering away I haven't been too busy to notice a definite trend in the way web page sales copy is currently being presented.

Basically it's getting shorter!

Five years ago a typical web page sales letter might consist of more than 5000 words... today it's around half that. But where these letters might be lacking in word count they more than make up for with the use of images and... video.

Yes... video.

If you go to Clickbank and browse the landing pages in the Marketplace under categories: Business/Investing and E-business and E-marketing you'll see just what I mean.

It all started about 4 years ago...

First there were images of Clickbank cheques and PayPal accounts being used to prove incomes. Then came audio files... then the web designers were let loose and the landing page templates became part of the story with intertwined header graphics, which were usually dark and mysterious.

Even the product titles were becoming more "Explosive"... "Turbo"... "Killer"... "Assassin"... and "Predator"... and well you get the picture.

And then came Powerpoint presentations recorded with Camtasia... ah! Camtasia... wouldn't be without it.

And now we are seeing video footage of the product owners who tell us, in no uncertain terms, why we should buy their products.

And I think it's all great!

I love video and I'm going to be recording myself and putting my video on my own websites very soon.

So... what's the point I'm making here?

Well like it or not the online sales letter has moved on in leaps and bounds, pushing the printed sales letter a little further into obscurity. But that doesn't mean that direct mail is totally dead... oh no... far from it.

The one-page invitation letter is thriving. If used as a vehicle to get prospects online to see the real presentation on the web page, then the one-pager will live on and flourish amongst the pile of printed junk that falls on our door mats virtually every day.

There's absolutely no doubt that the web page sales letter has evolved and will continue to absorb the benefits of video presentation until it becomes a complete video ad.

Heck!!!

I'd better brush up on my script writing quick... otherwise I could soon be out of a job!

See ya soon!

Bill

Knight-Writer

No comments: