Thursday, July 04, 2013

Copywriting Services For Copywriters?

Hi All,

Did you know that some copywriters hire other copywriters to write their copy? It's true! 

But it's not fair on their clients now is it? Okay, so if a client wants say 20 articles written about some mundane subject like the rise and fall of the tides on the river servern, then why not farm the project out... I just might.

But if a client is willing to pay top dollar for a cash generating sales letter then any copywriter worth their weight should never, ever ask another copywriter to write it. Don't you agree? Otherwise it's like asking a top barrister to represent you in court and then he sends along his most junior assistant, who is more likely to get you sent down than get you off.

If you're willing to pay for the best then you should get the best... right?

Okay, so why am I ranting on about this? Well, it's because I was asked recently if I would help lighten the load of one of my fellow copywriters. Now this guy is at best one of my competitors, so why should I help get him out of a hole or worse than that... let him take the credit for my creative work?

The answer came back as... "well I'd do it for you". Yeah I'm sure I would trust anyone to write a best-selling sales letter for me... not!

Copywriters may all be writers in one sense or another but over a period of time a copywriter develops a certain style... what I like to think of as "distinctive flair". And although many copywriters tend to prefer to live outside the limelight, I'm one for hanging around in the shadows. Not that I make a habit of hanging around in dimly lit areas of course... no really I don't. Oh suit yourself!

What I mean is I like to dart in and out of the limelight like a shadowy figure. Not that it has any bearing on anything anyway. A bit like this post really. Has anyone spotted the deliberate reason behind writing this post? Nope... bet you haven't.

Okay I'm simply writing this post about copywriting because I want my website to benefit from this keyword-rich posting. I want the Google bots to feast on it and become intoxicated to the extent that they haul my website's ass back up to position three on the search page results for "copywriting services". Because for some reason it has dropped dangerously low on that page and I'm fearing it will disappear into the abyss, which is page two and beyond.

Page two is no good... not for me, not for you, not for anyone. It has to be page one or die.

Okay, how many words is that? I think this will do for this post. 

Now you see, anyone can write this type of copy. You don't need to be a professional copywriter. The copy just needs to make sense and contain the right amount of keywords. 

Here endeth the lesson.

All for now.

Real interesting stuff coming along very soon.

KnightWriter
BusyVids

No comments: