Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Getting Your Ad On Ebay For Free - Update

Hi All,

As you might be aware from one of my previous blogs I've been testing something on eBay. It's about getting your ad in front of potential customers for free.

Ebay now has a classified section, and allows you to post information about products and services... for free. You can see one of my ads here

This ad has so far received 57 hits and brought 34 new visitors to my website. I am also promoting this website on Google Adwords at an average CPC of 50 pence, which is about 72 cents. So I've either saved £17 ($25) or I've got £17 worth of prospects for free, whichever way you want to look at it.

This free classified ad has only been running for 20 days, so I would estimate that I should get a total of 85 hits (page views) in a month, which equates to around 50 unique visitors to my website. That's a value of £25 or $36.

I've no doubt I could probably increase the conversion rate by tweaking the ad/sales copy. And there's no limit to how many ads you can have running as long as they are not for the same product or service and are not in the same category.

Now, my testing is far from complete. I currently have 4 free ads running and I intend to put up many more. I just know this is going to be explosive, and why shouldn't it be? There's 212 million members on ebay!

Keep you posted!

Bill
www.money-harvest.com
www.knight-writer.co.uk

No comments: